Add this layer to take the edge off, and keep the smiles coming.
Stay comfortable and dry in a wide range of conditions in our most versatile baselayer.
Built to be worn for weeks on alpine routes, washed in glacial streams and dried in the slipstream of a bus window, our soft and compressible Capilene® 3 Midweight Zip-Neck provides excellent insulation and next-to-skin comfort. The most versatile of our performance baselayers, it stretches, dries quickly and resists wear. The fabric is brushed on the inside for warmth and has a smooth knit face that glides easily between layers. Details include a low-bulk zip-neck for easy venting, thumb loops for secure hand coverage and offset shoulder seams to eliminate pack-strap chafe. Made of a 5.4-oz Polartec® Power Dry® 100% polyester double knit, with Polygiene® permanent odor control. Fabric is bluesign® approved.
Capilene® Polyester Baselayer
Made from moisture-wicking polyester, Capilene® synthetic baselayers wick moisture away from your skin, breathe efficiently and dry fast to provide the foundation for any layering system for any pursuit. Designed for fast-forward, aerobic activities, they’re quick to wick and quick to dry. Capilene polyester is made from recycled polyester (35% recycled content or more) and is also machine washable.
We make four Capilene fabrics for different levels of exertion and temperatures. All Capilene fabrics have achieved bluesign® approval; have an updated and consistent fit in each fabric weight; and use Polygiene® technology to control odor in the garment. They are the best baselayer option for high-sweat activities and wet conditions.
Polygiene® odor control permanently protects your garments from smelling like a middle school locker room. Sweat itself is odorless, but it creates the conditions that bacteria need to multiply, and some of those bacteria produce odors. Polygiene permanent odor control stops the growth of odor-causing bacteria on fabrics, so you can wear more and wash less.
Active only on the fabric surface, Polygiene permanent odor control does not interfere with perspiration or with the skin’s natural bacterial flora. Polygiene particles are more than 100 times larger than nanoparticles and therefore are too large to penetrate to the skin’s barrier. Polygiene-treated fabrics have received Medical Class 1 approval in Europe, the same class that includes bandages.
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
• Stretchy double-knit fabric provides excellent wicking
• Smooth face slides easily beneath layers
• Fabric brushed inside for warmth and softness against skin
• Long center-front zipper vents body heat and is backed by kissing welts for low-bulk comfort next to skin
• Offset shoulder seams merge out of the way of pack straps
• Side seams are rolled forward for comfort under hip belt; thumb loops for secure hand coverage
• Machine-wash cold, tumble dry at low temperature 5.4-oz (183-g) Polartec® Power Dry® 100% polyester (Solids: 65% recycled; heathers: 51% recycled; stripes: 56% recycled) double knit, with Polygiene® permanent odor control. Fabric is bluesign® approved
• 221 g (7.8 oz)
• Made in El Salvador.