The Ultimate Scandi Taper Lines offer improved performance and a variety of options for specific casting needs
Choose the Scandi Double Density lines for slowing down the swing in strong currents or if you prefer to fish deep and slow. The Double Density feature four lines to land the fly at the desired depth.
Mastery Textured Lines
- Textured lines float higher with a slim diameter.
- Lines cut through the wind for improved casting performance.
- Less friction improves the pick-up qualities of both the floating and sinking lines; the textured surface enables easy lifting of the sinking line to the surface before casting.
- Less memory provides better contact with the fly when fishing for easier detection of subtle takes and pulls.
- The Textured coatings make the lines feel smoother and fish better than untextured lines.
- The taper design has most of the weight distributed at the back of the head with short rear tapers, which provides easier rod loading and aids positioning for changing direction when Spey casting.
- The long front tapers are designed to deliver typical flies at distance and in the wind.
- The versatility of the taper allows for both short and long-distance casts.
- The low diameter of textured lines provides superior performance in strong winds.
- Designed for use with both conventional and poly leaders.
UST Shooting Heads
- Mastery Textured Coating
- Advanced Shooting Technology (AST)
- Graduated density and true three-density lines
- Streamlined welded loops on both ends
- Ready to fish out of the box (no measuring, weighing or cutting)
- Scientific Anglers line identification
- Braided multifilament core
The anglers at Scientific Anglers developed the Ultimate Scandi lines which feature new design taper benefits that make two-handed casting effortless.
Advanced Shooting Technology (AST) Fly Lines
Scientific Anglers' patented dry slick technology sets the standards for slickness. The AST Fly Line provides continual line slickness allowing the line to shoot farther since it moves friction-free through the guides. They cast farther, float higher and remain cleaner since AST fly lines easily shed dirt, algae and other parasitic drag particles. As a result, fly lines featuring AST are more durable and last longer.
AST fly lines shoot better – The AST line shoots virtually friction-free through the guides and performs throughout the life of the line without dressing.
AST fly lines cast farther – They shoot through the guides super fast and they encounter very little resistance due to their cleanliness.
AST fly lines float higher – The dry slickness prevents dirt and algae from clinging to the line so it remains clean and floats high for long intervals. Since the coating is free of sticky lubricants, the AST line doesn't give dirt and algae the chance to cling so performance is enhanced.
AST fly lines last longer – The AST coating is extremely durable and since the line stays clean and free of debris, its less apt to degrade.